We're looking for 16 people who can sing, dance and act. Each player needs to bring a Broadway-style song and a memorized monologue, so we can see what you can do. However, we have Carol Park as our music director, and she is great at helping people learn music. If your dancing is rickety, we'll spend all the time you need bringing you up to speed.
Cast Breakdown Courtesy of Wikipedia
- Officer Lockstock – The tongue-in-cheek narrator of the story. A corrupt policeman who secretly kills off guilty peers.
- Little Sally – A precocious, thoroughly irreverent and smartly funny street urchin; the narrator who always outsmarts Lockstock, and constantly questions the play's logic.
- Bobby Strong – The dashing, noble young everyman who works for Miss Pennywise at the poorest, filthiest urinal in town; the eventual protagonist and romantic hero who starts a revolution, and falls in love with Hope Cladwell along the way.
- Hope Cladwell – Cladwell's completely innocent and ravishingly beautiful daughter, torn between her love for her father and her new love for Bobby. A parody of the stereotypical Broadway ingénue.
- Caldwell B. Cladwell – The president and owner of the Urine Good Company, a miserly moneygrubber who gleefully exploits the poor with his outrageous toilet fees.
- Penelope Pennywise – The tough, jaded warden of the poorest, filthiest urinal in town. A shrewd, penny-scrounging cheapskate, Pennywise is a figure of authority and lives to maintain order at the public bathrooms. However, she has a deep, dark secret in her past that somehow involves Hope. Hollman says the character was partly inspired by that of Mr. Peachum from Weill's The Threepenny Opera, and her music resembles that of Leocadia Begbick in Weill's Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny.
- Officer Barrel – Lockstock's partner. He harbors a surprising secret.
- Senator Fipp – A greedy, cowardly politician in Cladwell's pocket.
- Mr. McQueen – Cladwell's sycophantic assistant/lackey. The ultimate Yes Man.
- Joseph "Old Man" Strong – Bobby's rebellious father, whose refusal to pay the fee causes him to be sent to Urinetown, ultimately launching the revolution.
- Josephine "Ma" Strong – Bobby's mother, a strong-willed old woman who is able to withstand the hard hand life has dealt her.
- Hot Blades Harry – One of the Poor, a psychopathic, violent loose cannon.
- Little Becky Two-Shoes – One of the Poor; foul-mouthed, impulsive, pregnant, with a brace, possibly from polio.
- Tiny Tom – One of the Poor, an idiotic man-child.
- Soupy Sue – One of the Poor, easily panicked.
- Robby the Stockfish – One of the Poor, the revolution's stoic enforcer.
- Billy Boy Bill – One of the Poor, typically shy.
- An Old Woman – One of the Poor.
- Mrs. Millenium – A trusted UGC employee.
- Dr. Billeaux – Head of Research and Development at UGC.
- Cladwell's Secretary
- Two UGC Executives
See you October 10 & 11 from 1:00 to 3:00 pm at Central School.